Doodle Time - Entry 15

Suzy Dotson

Doodle Time - Entry 15 


Today, I was doodling in class. I doodle due to one factor, and one factor only -- boredom. 

But I began thinking about the impacts that doodling has on our brains and why we do it. Is it simply just boredom, or do we lack so much creativity in the classrooms that our minds are begging for something even remotely artistic? I'm sure you're thinking, "Come on now, it's not that serious." You're probably right. 

It is interesting to think about how doodling can positively impact our time listening to lectures and taking notes. Does it help us remember what is being said? Does it calm us down, therefore allowing us to retain more new information? 

I believe I doodle to help relax my brain. We are going, going, going, especially as college students. When I sit down in class, I feel my mind and my hands yearning for some form of freedom—freedom from the tight constraints that classes put on us and the constraints we put on ourselves. I will always be a fan of doodling and encourage you to take a minute, relax, and let your mind explore what you can draw up. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Devil (Money) - Entry 37

Exit Through the Gift Shop - Entry 14

Digital Media Landscapes - Entry 36