Oh, Wait... You are Creative - Entry 13

Suzy Dotson

Oh, Wait... You are Creative - Entry 13


I have been struggling in this class. When I look at my classmates, I feel incompetent, uncreative, and sub-par. Feeling like an uncreative person is not a good feeling. In a world that praises entertainment, movies, TV shows, and social media, being creative feels like a necessary character trait. 

But I began to reflect. I thought about my childhood and how I wasn't into sports like the other kids. What did I do with my time? I went to piano lessons. I took painting classes with my friends. I preferred drawing and painting over playing a game or playing with dolls. My favorite Christmas gift as a child was a Crayola wooden suitcase filled with what seemed like every crayon, marker, and colored pencil in the entire world. 

You are creative. You do like the arts. You are good at the arts. 

Sometimes, it takes a little bit of self-reflection and self-love to remember what can be lost in our memories. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Devil (Money) - Entry 37

Exit Through the Gift Shop - Entry 14

Digital Media Landscapes - Entry 36