Summer Foods - Entry 26

Suzy Dotson

Summer Foods - Entry 


I took this picture of my lunch last summer sitting by the pool. Now sitting in my marketing class with assignments piling up and seeing the sunshine through the window, it is all I can think about. I long for the  days of no to-do lists, sand, and hair soaked with salt water. 

I feel like cooking, baking, and making meals is one of the most underrated creative techniques. We see it as a chore, something that has to be done. But it can be such a pivotal moment in your day to stretch yourself creatively. It can be a time to take directions and find ways to add your own creative spin. It can be a way to make a boring, plain recipe and make it appear gourmet. It can be a place to experiment with color and texture. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Devil (Money) - Entry 37

Exit Through the Gift Shop - Entry 14

Digital Media Landscapes - Entry 36