Admiring Creatives: Jack's Plays - Entry 35

Suzy Dotson

Admiring Creatives: Jack's Plays - Entry 35 


This is my brother Jack and I at his high school plays. I am proud to say that my senior year of high school, I was the stage manager and begged him to do the spring musical. Much to his surprise, he landed the Beast role in our production of Beauty and the Beast. I am flying to Nashville next weekend to see him in his last high school production, Little Women. 

I admire his talent and bravery. I always spent time backstage and could never have the spotlight on me. But I loved watching them do their thing on stage. The way our actors could just hop on stage, sing, and dance, and then do it all over the next night was something I completely admired and respected. 

It was fascinating to see them take words on paper and completely transform it to an entire production, making you feel like you are right there with them in the scene. In rehearsals, you could see their 'plan' in their eyes and I always felt lost and confused, not knowing how this was going to play out and turn into a reputable show for an audience. 

Creativity takes bravery. Creativity takes time. Creativity takes vision. I love seeing my brother not only showcase his talents, but I respect the bravery it takes to trust a director's vision and trust an audience to see that vision. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Devil (Money) - Entry 37

Exit Through the Gift Shop - Entry 14

Digital Media Landscapes - Entry 36